Baby, it's getting cold outside. Time to warm up with some CHILI!
This is a vegan recipe that I absolutely LOVE! I received this simple & delicious recipe from a friend back in 2005, and have been making it ever since! It's the perfect recipe to make, freeze, and enjoy all winter long!
I like making this for friends coming over for Sunday Football!
- 3-4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cups of cooked or 2 -14 oz cans of corn (optional)
- 1 jalepeno (optional)
- 2 - 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1-28 oz can tomato puree
- 1-14 oz can Rotel (fire roasted or flavor of your choice)
- 6 cans of beans (drained & rinsed)
- Chili Powder (3-5 Tablespoons or season to your liking)
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin
- Sugar (3 Tablespoons or season to your liking)
- Seasoning Salt to Taste
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of oil in large pot
- Saute chopped bell peppers, large onion, and optional jalapeno/corn.
- Add garlic last and saute for about 3-5 min over medium heat.
- Add crushed tomatoes, puree, Rotel, chili powder, cumin, sugar, and seasoning salt. Stir together and lower heat slightly if sauce begins to bubble.
- Add rinsed and drained beans (all 6) to the pot, and gently stir, mixing gently to not crush the beans.
- Let simmer for about an hour, covered, on low heat.
- Stir the chili as you check on it, and add seasoning to taste.
- This recipe is so simple that you can add and subtract ingredients to your liking!